Monday, June 29, 2020

100 WC

It was pitchblack. Nothing could be seen. I tried to look through the darkness but I just couldn’t see through it. “Screeeeech” There was a funny noise coming from down the back... What was it? Scared to death, I stayed still. There was nothing but silence. Then all of a sudden, “BANG!” out of nowhere “CRASH!” I was hesitant to move but I knew I had to. So I got up, walked over quietly to the back of the hallway… “BANG!” another one!? Petrified, I ran. I just ran and ran and ran. The hallway was like an endless maze. There was no way out and then I saw it...

2 comments:

  1. Beginning with those short staccato sentences, this piece has enormous impact on the reader Lesieli. Excellent onomatopoeia, perfect punctuation and pace have me sharing this scary situation with you and of course the ellipsis at the end charges my imagination even further.
    Do you think that using 'Suddenly' rather than 'All of a sudden' might have more impact?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Plymouth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion and for commenting! I'll definitely take your suggestion on board.

      Delete

Why We Should Have More Interschools

Oamaru Intermediate School Pembroke Street Oamaru 9400 Dear Mrs Healy,      I strongly think that Oamaru Intermediate school should have mor...